Cracks in the heels occur due to the dryness of the skin. Our palms and feet are the area where skin produces no oil so they are usually dry. We need to feed them moister by applying sufficient moister on them. While the skin of the palms is soft, the skin of the feet is hard so it requires more care. If regular cleaning of the skin has been done by removing the dead skin, there are very few chances to get cracked heels. As soon as you see cracks drink lots of water. If there is dryness in your body, it will show off on your skin. Drinking water is the best way to keep the skin moist.
- Apply the pulp of a ripe banana on the dry or cracked area of the heel. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse it clean.
- Soak the feet in lemon juice for about 10minutes. Follow this therapy on a weekly basis until one finds a change.
- A daily regime of cleaning and moisturizing is a good cure for dry or cracked heels. At the end of the day soak the feet in warm soapy water for about 15 minutes. Rinse feet and pat dry. Make a healing mixture comprising of: one teaspoon Vaseline and the juice of one lemon. Rub this mixture onto the cracked heels and other required areas of the feet till it is thoroughly absorbed. This can be done daily until visible results are obtained.
- A regular application of a mixture of glycerin and rosewater is known to soothe and cure cracked heels.
- Another result oriented solution is to melt paraffin wax and mix it well with little mustard oil. Apply on the dry or cracked area of the heels. Rinse it off in the morning. A continuous application for 10 to15 days can achieve desirable results.
- Keep your legs for 5 minutes in hot water and another 5 minutes in cold water. This removes all the tiredness from your legs. Now mix 2 tsp of glycerine, 2 tsp of rosewater and 1 tsp of limejuice, mix well and apply to your leg and go to sleep. This not only makes your leg soft but also gives good sleep.
Technorati Tags: cracked heals, dry cracked heels, foot care, cracked feet, dry heels, skin care, cracks, home remedies for cracked heals, home remedies, natural remedies