- Grind some betell leaves into a fine paste. Take 1 teaspoon with warm water and drink some cold water as well.
- Grind 10 fresh lead buds of figs and apply on the lower abdomen below the navel for a few hours. Repeat this frequently.
- Boil 1 teaspoon coriander seeds in 2 cups water till it is reduced to 1 cup. Add sugar to taste and drink when lukewarm. Repeat twice or thrice a day.
Painful and irregular Periods:
- A piece of fresh ginger, ground and boiled in a cup of water. The infusion is taken thrice daily after meals along with sugar.
- Take carrot juice every day for three months.
- Cinnamon powder along with limejuice taken every day is also found to be very helpful to get regular menstrual cycle.
- Take fenugreek sprouts 2table spoon with your salad.
- Sesame seeds are also used as a home remedy for menstrual problem. Have 1 teaspoon of sesame powder twice daily. It will help in menstrual delay and reduces the spasmodic pain during menstruation.
Periods - Safe ways to postpone and prepone.
If you suddenly get at odd times:Buy sabja seeds ( used for falooda, also called tukmaria or falooda seeds). Soak 1 tsp in ¼ cup curds overnight. Swallow it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Bleeding will stop.
- Everyday in the morning take the above sabja seed – curd mixture, eat 2 bananas & drink a cup of water. You are not likely to get it the whole day !
- On an empty stomach eat a handful of raw fried gram ( pottukadalai) & drink a cup of water. You can have coffee only after minimum one hour. You are not likely to get it the whole day.
- Eat seasame seeds+ jaggery ( 1 tbsp each) together.
- Eat a tiny pea size camphor wrapped in one “ vethalai” – betel leaf.
- On an empty stomach drink 1 tbsp of ginger juice mixed with 2-3 tbsp of jaggery.
- Mix juice of 1 large pomegranate and 1 glass of sugar cane juice (Have 4 times a day)
- A Fast with only buttermilk, curd, curd and rice or bananas proves very effective.
- Avoid raw vegetables and fruits such as orange, mosambi, papaya, pineapple and spices.
- Drink plenty of water to which a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt has been added to guard against dehydration.
- A strong cup of unsweetened black tea is very effective.
Technorati Tags: home remedies for menstruation problems, menstruation remedies, painful menstruation remedies, home remedies for irregular periods, remedies for irregular periods