- Massage the hair with heated coconut oil or olive oil. Then apply lemon juice. After half-an-hour, wash with a baby shampoo. Repeat this twice a week till the dandruff gets completely reduced.
- Keep your hair brush,towel and comb clean, wash with disinfectants once a week
- Soak gooseberry in milk for one full day. Grind it well along with the milk. Now apply this paste to the hair and wash after some time. This helps in removing the dandruff effectively.
- Grind urud dhal and mustard with water and apply to hair and wash after some time.
- Put neem flower in gingely oil and massage hair with this oil to get relief from dandruff.
- Another effective method is, Put hibiscus flower, shikakkai and neem leef in rice starch and heat it. Apply this to hair to remove dandruff.
- Fenugreek seeds are also effective in reducing dandruff. Soften them in water and apply to the scalp every morning. After an hour or so, wash with soap nut. This will keep dandruff away and prevents falling hair.
- The ingredients you will need are curd, honey and lemon. Use two tablespoons of curd and mix with three drops of honey and three drops of lemon juice. Mix together and apply to the scalp, leave on for fifteen minutes, then scrub for fifteen minutes.
- Mix olive oil and almond oil and apply to scalp and leave on for five minutes. Once it starts to tingle rinse and shampoo.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in 4 teacups of water. After cooling and filtering, use for rinsing hair.
- Before washing your hair, rub aloe vera gel into your scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and shampoo your hair as usual.
- Mix 6 spoonfuls water, a spoonful of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of salt and two spoonfuls of pure vinegar. Apply on the scalp with cotton wool. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Continue this for three months.
- Henna mixed with old curds and lemon juice is also extremely effective in controlling dandruff. Make the paste a day before and keep on for at least two hours. Lovely burgundy highlights and dandruff-free hair guaranteed.
Tuesday, 3 August 2010
Do not take dandruff easy
Many of us think that dandruff is a white dead skin that gives an itchy and scaling scalp. Dandruff occurs mainly due to excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. For people who have dandruff problem, their skin cells mature and shed in two to seven days, but for people who do not face this problems, the skin cells usually sheds in a month. Though it is normal for skin cells to die and flake off, some people experience large amount of flaking accompanied by redness and irritation. This can also affect areas such as eyebrows, sides of your nose and the back of your ears. Sometimes, sensitivities to certain hair care products or hair dyes can cause a red, itchy, scaling scalp. During winters, the dandruff is a common problem faced my many, when not taken seriously may actually lead to the development of psoriasis. The use of anti-dandruff shampoos and anti-fungal creams on scalp can only suppress the conditon temporarily but does not treat them. There are some common homepathic medicines which have been found useful for dandruff treatment. Try consulting a homeapath before you take any homeopathy medicine. There are also some useful homeremedies which you can try from home.
I love writing and i have put in hours together to create this blog and write about various home remedies. I worked in the medical industry for 12 years. I right now work as a volunteer for an NGO with a vision to empower the underprivileged children in government schools. I also work among the youth and counsel them on various issues.
Excessive bleeding Grind some betell leaves into a fine paste. Take 1 teaspoon with warm water and drink some cold water as well. Grind 10...
Newborns, the bundle of joy brings so much of happiness to each and every mother. But, care of newborn baby is not an easy task for any m...
There are many home remedies to remove blemishes and scars from face. Some of these home remedies are as follows: 1. Sandalwood is best f...
Common cold is the infection of the upper respiratory tract caused by a virus. Though there are many medicines available to cure co...
Soak few almonds early in the morning. Peel the skin and grind with 2 tsp of milk in the evening. Apply this paste to face and leave it ov...
Add limejuice and salt to lukewarm water and drink empty stomach in the morning to reduce weight. Soak 4 to 5 garlic pieces in milk ...
The main problem that the growing teenagers face is hair growth in their hands and legs. Though this cannot be suddenly stopped, it happens...
In summer, are you wondering how to reduce body heat? Here are some home treatment for body heat. Eat a hibiscus flower every day for r...
For flat belly, have you spent lot of time and money? Are you looking for the ways to get flat stomach? You may be wondering how to reduce...
Taking ponnanganni green with garlic regularly helps in controlling diabetics. Soak gooseberries in drinking water overnight. Drink th...
All information on grannyhomeremdies.blogspot.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice. For specific medical advice and treatment, please consult your doctor. We will not be liable for any complications, or other medical accidents arising from the use of any information on this web site. After reading these remedies the responsibility lies on the readers, whether they further use these remedies or not. I have collected these remedies from different sources such as books (translated from tamil to english) and some of the remedies are given by my mother-in-law. Rekha Srinivasan