Patients suffering from piles can see a significant improvement , if they follow certain diet rules. These are as follows:
- Follow a whole wheat diet and avoid rice and maida items. You can incle wholewheat bread or rotis, porridge, ragi, cornflakes, wheatflakes for breakfast.
- For lunch you can take a cup of rice with rotis. Never take rice alone. Eat lot of cooked and raw vegetables. Dal, sambar and cooked pulses like channa can be taken at lunch and dinner.
- Never eat rice or rice based items during dinner. Take rotis with lot of vegetables.
- Carrot and cabbage have highest water retention capacity. Apples and oranges also hold a lot of water. So include these fruits and vegetables daily.
- Taking 2 -3 litres of water everyday helps piles patients. Regular outdoor exercises are also very helpful.